Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5-1/2-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker and Warmer, Stainless Steel
The Micom Rice Cooker & Warmer not only cooks flawless rice but also comes with a steaming basket to double as a steamer and a cake menu setting to bake cakes.
This 5-1/2-cup rice cooker and warmer makes 10 cups of cooked rice and includes a variety of cooking functions including white rice/sushi, mixed rice, porridge, sweet, brown, cake, steam, and quick cooking. This unit uses a black thick inner cooking pan that provides even heating for better cooking and has an interchangeable melody and beep signal to indicate when the cooking cycle has ended.
Other highlights include a detachable and washable inner lid, an easy-to-read LCD control panel, and automatic keep warm, extended keep warm and reheating cycle, delay timer with two settings and a built-in retractable power cord. The unit's clear-coated stainless-steel exterior not only cleans easily, but also matches any kitchen decor. Accessories include a spatula, a spatula holder, and a rice-measuring cup. The 610-watt rice cooker and warmer measures 10-1/8 by 14 by 8-1/2 inches.
NS-TSC10 Product Features
- Micro computerized Fuzzy Logic technology
- Doubles as a steamer with its versatile steam setting
- Easy-to-clean clear coated stainless steel exterior
- Automatic keep warm, extended keep warm and reheating cycles
- Built-in retractable power cord.
- Interchangeable melody and beep signal
- Delay timer (2 settings)
- Easy-to-read LCD control panel with Clock and Timer functions
- Detachable and washable inner lid
- Includes steaming basket accessory to steam foods
- Healthy brown rice setting
- Convenient cake setting for baking cakes
- Menu Settings include: white/sushi, mixed, porridge, sweet, brown, cake, steam, and quick cooking
- cETLus listed
Make every rice type imaginable with a Zojirushi Rice Cooker
This is a menu setting designed to cook delicious brown rice. In order to cook hard rice bran and the rice inside, preheating time is extended for better absorption of water, and is cooked at a lower temperature to allow the rice to cook longer without becoming mushy.
Because sushi rice will be processed after it's cooked, it's easier to handle when it is a little firmer. This menu setting is very similar to regular white rice, but uses less water (adjusted by the water fill lines) for a firm finish.
Mixed rice is rice cooked with additional ingredients and seasonings. This setting extends preheating for better absorption of seasoning. Also, the cooking temperature is slightly lower than regular white rice, to avoid ingredients from boiling over.
Instead of cooking rice in larger amounts of water and risk making it sloppy, use the porridge setting to cook fluffy porridge. Cooking temperature is slightly lower than regular white rice, to be cooked longer for soft texture.
Use the Cake menu setting to bake cakes inside the rice cooker. How’s that for versatility?
Steam your favorite foods. Steaming function can be lengthened or shortened by adjusting time setting.
MICOM (Microcomputer) Technology
Aided by microcomputer technology, this category of rice cooker takes having rice on your menu from “occasional” to “serious”. Basically, the microchip does all the thinking for you, as far as adjusting cooking times and temperatures according to the type of rice you are cooking, and timing the pre-soaking of the raw grains and the final “wait” period during steaming.
MICOM allows the cooker to have multiple functions on its menu, making it a necessity for any avid rice fan who wants to incorporate rice into her daily diet.
How it Works
Conventional rice cookers simply turn on and off in reaction to temperature. The “fuzzy logic” of MICOM fine tunes this adjustment to adapt to various rice types, such as white, brown, sweet or porridge, which all has different cooking requirements. The trigger to everything is the thermal sensor, a small round button at the bottom of the inner body of the cooker. As the inner pan’s weight rests on it and activates the sensor, it starts the cooking process and keeps an eye on the temperature and time.
- Micro computerized fuzzy logic technology.Capacity Up to 5.5 cups / 1.0 liter,Dimensions (W x D x H) 10-1/8 x 14 x 8-1/2 inches
- Automatic keep warm, extended keep warm and reheating cycle
- Easy to clean clear coated stainless steel exterior, 2 delay time settings
- Interchangeable melody and beep signal
- Built in retractable power cord
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Inomata Japanese Rice Washing Bowl with Side and Bottom Drainers, Clear
- Inomata 1150 Rice Paddle, White
- Rice Storage Bin with Pour Spout by Asvel 2kg
- Inomata 80800 Japanese Rice Washing Bowl with Strainer, 2.5-Quart Capacity
- Rice Bin, Rice Storage Bin 2KG Portable Food Grain Storage Box Rice Storage Box Dispenser, Rice Container Sealed Tank with Measuring Cup
- Nozomi Super Premium Short Grain Rice, 15-Pound
- Shirakiku Rice, Koshihikari, 15 Pound
- The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook: 250 No-Fail Recipes for Pilafs, Risottos, Polenta, Chilis, Soups, Porridges, Puddings, and More, from Start to Finish in Your Rice Cooker
- Rosewill Electric Hot Water Boiler and Warmer, 4.0 Liter Hot Water Dispenser, Stainless Steel / Black RHAP-16002
- Zojirushi America Corporation CV-DCC40XT VE Hybrid Water Boiler and Warmer, 4-Liter, Stainless Dark Brown
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5-1/2-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer, 1.0-Liter" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.